Monday, March 2, 2009

March came in like a Lion!

So, the old saying goes, March comes in like a Lion and out like a Lamb, or vice versa. March definitely came in like a Lion this year!

Friday and Saturday were fantastic. We participated in Fur Rondy as any Alaskan family should. Avery had his first dog sled ride, first ride at the carnival, we went to the fireworks, played in lots of snow, and went to the train show. It was very fun.





Sunday started with me feeling quite ill... the stomach flu strikes again. I can hardly believe I am actually sick again this year. I interact with kids almost everyday, so it is not that unbelievable I guess, but still. I don't like it. We then took Grandma and Grandpa to an Aces hockey game that evening, which was fun.

Then when we got home Avery hurt his arm, cried uncontrollably, and we had our first trip to the Emergency Room. I may have lost five years off my life. Thankfully it was only a "nurse maids elbow" which come to find out is fairly common at this age. The doctor popped his elbow back in place (yes i cried, even tho it just scared Avery and did not hurt him) and in 20 minutes he was playing like nothing happened and making new friends.... No broken bones. Thank goodness.

Today, we are having a pajama day as I try to feel better and Avery gets to rule the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment