Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Snow, new words, new ride!

Snow
Sunday we woke up to 6" of fresh snow, and we continued to get about another inch throughout the day. Although I am more than ready for spring (ha, ha, ha... we have more than a month to go) I just love a fresh snow fall. I think this has rubbed off on Avery... he loves the snow!

Not sure if you have heard... but we have a volcano erupting here... literally. My dad was even caught in 1/4" of ash fall (very unhealthy, and very bad for mechanical systems as well). A risk we take living where we do I guess.

But in spite of the "real" volcano... we made an "Avery volcano"!!!!! (the light was really flat so kind of hard to see the definition in the snow photos)

Mount Avery starting to stir

Mount Avery begins to rumble, small pyroclasitc flows are visible


Duck for cover - Mount Avery is alive!!!!
(yes, mom is a nerd)


WORDS
Avery is by no means at the top of his class for speaking, but our doc says he is doing just fine... actually, none of his buddies say more than a couple words on their own right now. They are good at repeating, but not necessarily spitting the words out at the appropriate times... so I don't feel so bad (one even took their kid to a speech therapist, and no worries... so that is that!) He is also getting very good at pointing to objects in books as we say them... not just his favorites either.

But Avery's new word is "hi". He loves to say it on the phone, to his bear, to me after waking up... his new favorite word. He is also starting to say bah-bye... yes, BAH-bye, cracks me up. He also likes "beep" after the microwave or oven.... he stands at either of them and says "beep, beep, beep". He is getting great at his alphabet too.

Now that I am thinking about it I think these are his words right now:
  • up
  • down
  • on
  • off
  • hi
  • bah-bye
  • beep
  • eddie
  • mama
  • dada
  • door
  • ball
  • night night
  • i think those are his words... he repeats lots of words well, but i think these are the ones he uses on his own..
NEW RIDE
This weekend we also got a new ride for Avery. A chariot! I am so excited, we waited a long time to get one. I am cheap, so I have been watching craigslist all winter and those suckers go as fast as they are posted, and for only like $100 cheaper than new.... so we finally broke down and got one. I am so excited because it can be used as a jogger, a bike trailer, and as a ski trailer (you pull it behind you as you x-ski). I am most excited to take him skiing in it! yahoooo! And bike trips this summer! It is required they wear a helmet if biking, so he got a very studdly new helmet too! Too much snow to bike right now, but we are certainly ready!


Guess I had a lot to say today.... too much going on in my head with my friends recent news. Better to write it here than bore too many friends on the phone right!?! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! The snow volcano looks so fun! Avery is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete